Clinical Services for mental health and wellbeing
professional supervision for OT’s and other mental health clinicians
Therapie uses a range of evidence based approaches to help a person cope and manage their particular set of circumstances.
Telehealth/ supervision available or face to face clinical setting as required.
- anxiety / depression and related high prevalence disorders
- other mental health conditions
- injury with risk of developing chronic problems with impact on life roles and coping ability,
- chronic pain (CBT approach)
- chronic illness self management approaches used.
- OT functional capacity assessment including ADL’s for insurance purposes
- Professional Supervision for occupational therapists, mental health clinicians and others
Geraldine (Dene) Iwanicki
Bachelor Applied Science in Occupational Therapy (SAIT, now UniSA)
Certificate Group Psychotherapy (IGA, London)
Graduate Diploma Womens Studies (Adelaide Uni, SA)
Graduate Diploma Narrative Therapy (Dulwich Centre, SA)
Masters Mental Health Sciences (Flinders University, SA)
For many years Dene has run a mental health focussed private practice in Adelaide, working from GP surgeries and specialist rooms. She sees people for depression, anxiety, and a CBT approach to pain and chronic condition management as well as other issues.
Dene has also worked in various mental health services in SA and the UK, working in various roles across a range of community teams and projects.
Dene has been active in progressing mental health oriented OT services, having a presence on a number of advisory groups for national developments in the area. She is an active professional Association member, and is currently on the National Mental Health Reference Group for OT Australia (the peak body representing Occupational Therapy in Australia).
What does therapie do
The aim is to help you live the kind of life you want by targeting the things that are getting in your way:
- Depression/ anxiety/ other mental health issues/ or stress
- Physical pain
- Environmental factors
- The impact of a chronic condition
As well as using standard techniques in psychologically focussed treatment, an occupational therapist considers the impact of problems on your daily activities and life. The therapist works with you to rebuild meaning in your life and achieve your personal goals.